Media Accreditations Terms & Conditions
2018 GC Fashion Week
Application to register for Media Accreditation – JOURNALISTS, BLOGGERS, PHOTOGRAPHERS, VIDEOGRAPHERS AND FILM CREWS
2018 GC Fashion Week is an annual celebration of fashion, arts, ideas and creative endeavour for everyone to enjoy.
The Festival presents the country’s largest consumer fashion event including world -class runways featuring Australia’s established and emerging designers, state -of-the-art production, retail events, industry seminars, forums, live entertainment and much more.
Due to the number of applications received from working media we are unable to accommodate every registration form. Accepted applicants will be required to abide with GC Fashion Week 2018 Media Accreditation Terms and Conditions, a copy of which is included in the ANNEXURE to this registration form.
Please note media registration is required for all journalists, bloggers, photographers, videographers and film crews who wish to attend the 2018 GC Fashion Week, including those creating or recording content for partners, sponsors and other commercially affiliated third parties.
Application Terms & Conditions
By submitting an application form for media accreditation for the 2018 GC Fashion Week, you are taken to have read and agreed to abide by the following terms and conditions:
- - Applications for media accreditation open 12 July and close 5pm 9 September 2018. Late applications will only be considered at the sole discretion of GC Fashion Week and its appointed public relations agency.
- - Applying for media registration does not guarantee that you will be accepted for media accreditation or that you will be guaranteed entry into the 2018 GC Fashion Week. Media accreditation for the 2018 GC Fashion Week is at the sole discretion of GC Fashion Week.
- - Media accreditation is for working media only; being those who intend to attend the 2018 GC Fashion Week for the purpose of producing editorial content. Verification from the relevant media outlet(s) may be requested by GCFW to certify that the applicant is working for such media outlet.
- - Applying for media registration does not guarantee that you will be able to enter and attend any or all events held as part of the 2018 GC Fashion Week. Entry to any and all events held as part of the 2018 GC Fashion Week on the basis of media accreditation is at the sole discretion of GC Fashion Week.
- - Should your application for media accreditation to be unsuccessful, you can request to use images and/or video footage of any or all events held as part of the 2018 GC Fashion Week following
such events from the official GC Fashion Week photographer and official GC Fashion Week Videographer (as applicable). To request use of images and/or video footage you may contact GC Fashion Week at email@example.com.
- If your application for media accreditation is successful, you will be required to abide with 2018 Gold Coast Fashion Week 2018 Media Accreditation Terms and Conditions, a copy of which is included in the ANNEXURE to this registration form. Those Media Accreditation Terms and Conditions include, but are not limited to, the following conditions:
o at all events held as part of the 2018 GCFW which you are attending you must wear your supplied media pass at all times, carry ID and proof of media outlet employment if applicable.
o you must not use or permit any third party to use any photographs taken by you or video footage created or captured by you at, or as a result of, your attendance at anyeventheldaspartofthe2018 GCFW, for any purpose other than for editorial coverage of such event or for your folio use.
- - Should your application for media accreditation be accepted, you will be notified of the opportunity to cover backstage areas of the 2018 GCFW. You will be required to submit a backstage pass application form to be considered for this opportunity, which can be requested from public relations.
- - GCFW is unable to seat working media that wish to take images from their seats with professional cameras. If you intend to take images from your seat with a professional camera, you must apply for a photography pass in addition to or instead of your application for media accreditation.
- - Should your application for media accreditation be accepted, and if do not comply with any of these terms and conditions, GCFW may revoke your media accreditation without further notice and GCFW reserves the right to refuse your attendance at any and all future events held as part of or in association with GCFW.
- - Applying for media accreditation and signing the T&C’s onsite will be taken as acceptance to be added to the GCFW database.
Please note: This accreditation pass permits ONE media representative only and is non transferrable.
ANNEXURE: 2018 Gold Coast Fashion Week – Media Accreditation Terms and Conditions
In these Terms and Conditions:
Videos mean the aggregate of the visual images embodied in an article or thing so as to be capable by the use of that article or thing:
(a) of being shown as a moving picture; or
(b) of being embodied in another article or thing by the use of which it can be so shown;
and includes the aggregate of the sounds embodied in a sound -track associated with such visual images;
GCFW means the Gold Coast Fashion Week;
Photographs mean images including a product of photography or of a process similar to photography, other than an article or thing in which visual images forming part of a Video have been embodied, and includes a product of xerography;
GCFW means 2018 Gold Coast Fashion Week, which is operated by GCFW;
Marketing means advertising conducted by a third party that is not authorised or approved by GCFW which suggests a sponsorship, support or affiliation with GCFW, GCFW or any event held as part of the 2018 GCFW; and
You and Your means in your capacity as an individual selected to receive media accreditation to cover the GCFW for the purpose of editorial outcomes.
2.1 GCFW is the nation’s largest consumer focused fashion, beauty and business event. GCFW is the not-for-profit organisation that operates and delivers GCFW each year.
2.2 Due to the popularity of the GCFW, media accreditation is in high demand. As such, and to ensure the integrity of the GCFW, the number of media accreditations will be limited. Unsuccessful applicants may still attend the GCFW by purchasing tickets via the website located at gcfw18.com.au.
- Terms & Conditions
By submitting an application form for, and/or by receiving approval for, media accreditation for the 2018 GCFW, you are taken to have read and agreed to abide by these Terms and Conditions and GCFW's General Terms and Conditions of Sale and Entry, which are attached as Annexure A to these Terms and Conditions.
by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org).
We may disclose personal information we collect from you to third parties that help us deliver our services (including our public relations suppliers, information technology, software suppliers and creative agencies or as required by law). If you do not provide this information, we may not be able to consider and process your media accreditation application form or provide all of our services to you. We may also disclose your personal information to recipients that are located outside of Australia, including to information technology and software suppliers located in the United States of America.
3.2 You attend the 2018 GCFW in your capacity as an accredited media representative of GCFW and You agree to abide by any terms and conditions stipulated by the venues hosting events as part of the 2018 GCFW. Such terms and conditions are accessible via www.gcfw18.com.au.
3.3 Your selection to receive media accreditation is at the discretion of GCFW, whose authority in this respect may be exercised by GCFW's appointed public relations agency. The submission of an application for media accreditation is not a guarantee of acceptance of such application.
3.4 You must provide any supporting documentation to GCFW at the request of GCFW within 2 days of any request being made for the name and details of the media publication, website, social media or other media outlet which you are associated with.
3.5 Media accreditation permits entry for you only to events held as part of 2018 GCFW and is non-transferable.
3.6 Your media accreditation does not guarantee you automatic acceptance, or entry into any or all events held as part of 2018 GCFW. There may be limitations on the events or areas you can communicated to you.
3.7 RUBY COMMUNICATIONS has been vested with full authority by GCFW to ensure and determine compliance with these Terms and Conditions. You agree to abide by any direction or order issued by RUBY COMMUNICATIONS during, before or after the 2018 GCFW arising in relation to your media accreditation or these Terms and Conditions.
3.9 You must wear any supplied media pass or carry the appropriate tickets provided to you, carry photographic ID and proof of connection to Your media business at all times when attending any event held as part of 2018 GCFW as an accredited media representative.
3.10 You may only take Photographs or footage for Videos at events held as part of the 2018 GCFW from designated areas. Designated areas will be allocated by GCFW or RUBY COMMUNICATIONS, and may change at late notice, at their discretion.
3.11 You may not take Photographs or Videos from the areas at events held as part of the 2018 GCFW that are allocated for seated guests. If you wish to take Photographs or Videos from these areas, you must apply in writing for a pass by no later than 10 July 2018. Such applications can be made by email to email@example.com.
3.12 You must use your best endeavours to minimise the incidence of Ambush Marketing. You must ensure that you do not engage in any conduct or activity that is likely to harm, directly or indirectly, the goodwill, reputation or image of GCFW, GCFW or any sponsors or other business partners of GCFW.
3.13 You agree not to use or permit any third party to use any Photographs taken by you or Videos created or captured by You at, or as a result of, Your attendance as a media accredited representative at any event held as part of the 2018 GCFW, for any purpose other than for editorial coverage of such event or for Your folio use. Without limitation, you must not use or permit any third party to use such Photographs or Videos by way of advertising, swing tags, posters, show cards, pack shots, billboards, non-approved websites or bus-sides.
3.14 You may seek prior written consent of GCFW to use or permit any third party to use any Photographs taken by You or Videos created or captured by You at, or as a result of, Your attendance at any event held as part of the 2018 GCFW for any purpose other than for editorial coverage of the 2018 GCFW or Your folio use. GCFW reserves its right to withhold such consent, particularly in circumstances where such consent would be contrary to GCFW's contractual obligations with third parties. GCFW reserves its right to charge a commission for its consent to any further use of the Photographs or Videos.
3.15 If you are unable to attend all events held as part of the 2018 GCFW, you must notify RUBY COMMUNICATIONS in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org by at least 10 July 2018 so that media accreditation may be re-allocated.
3.16 You may also be selected to cover backstage areas of events held as part of the 2018 GCFW. You will be notified if you have been selected to have backstage access. In order to be considered for backstage access, you must submit a request in writing email@example.com by at least 10 July 2018. The issue of backstage passes at any events held as part of GCFW is entirely at the discretion of GCFW or RUBY COMMUNICATIONS, whose authority may be exercised by RUBY COMMUNICATIONS.
3.17 You acknowledge that if You do not comply with any of the Terms and Conditions, RUBY COMMUNICATIONS or GCFW may revoke Your media accreditation without further notice and that GCFW reserves the right to refuse your attendance at any and all future events held as part of or in association with GCFW.